You may benefit from this service if you are looking to increase the number of coping skills in your toolbox quickly and effectively. Group is designed to be a safe and supportive environment where you can process your struggles with others who can relate while learning skills from your therapist and having real-time practice opportunities in the group setting.
Some people are resistant to the idea of working on their personal struggles in a group setting. Let me reassure you that there is no better place to experience the reality that you are NOT ALONE in your struggles. Group rules require confidentiality and respect for all members; this is taken very seriously and will be enforced. Do not let fear or uncertainty keep you from utilizing this wonderfully beneficial service.
Current Groups Available for Enrollment:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Group
- DBT is a type of therapy that is well established in psychological research to benefit people struggling with intense and unmanageable emotions, chronic patterns of relationship conflicts, self-harming behaviors, anxiety, depression, and overwhelming stress. This is a 16 week group series that meets weekly. Each session will involve learning a new skill, discussing how you are applying the skills in daily life, and problem solving through current struggles. There are no more than 10 people in one group thus spots are limited. There are currently two group options available: DBT for Teens and DBT for Adults.
- Healing after Infidelity Damages Your Marriage (for Women)
- This group is for married women struggling to overcome the pain and trauma of infidelity while remaining in their marriage. This group is ideal for women who are seeking to heal themselves and work towards re-building their marriage after a breach of trust and safety. The group meets weekly. This group is limited to 8 women in each group.
- Grief Support Group
- This group is for individuals who have experienced the loss of a loved one through death within the past 2 years. Each session includes education about healthy grieving and discussion of your personal struggles and experiences through the grieving process. The goal of this group is not to end your grief as grief after the death of a loved one is natural and healthy. The goal of the group is to move through grief in an active and uncomplicated manner that is healthy and helpful to your present and future life. This group meets every other week.